|Wesley P. Chesbro|
|Chesbro in 2009.|
|Member of the California State Assemblyfrom the 1st district|
December 1, 2008
|Preceded by||Patty Berg|
|Member of the California State Senatefrom the 2nd district|
December 7, 1998 – December 4, 2006
|Preceded by||Mike Thompson|
|Succeeded by||Pat Wiggins|
|Born||(1951-08-20) August 20, 1951 (age 60)Los Angeles, California|
|Alma mater||University of San Francisco|
Wesley P. Chesbro is a Democratic politician from California. He is currently the Assembly member for the 1st Assembly district in California. Previously, Chesbro served as a State Senator from California's 2nd district from 1998 until 2006. He has also served as a member of the California Integrated Waste Management Board.
Assembly member Chesbro was an early leader in the recycling movement having founded the Arcata Recycling Center in 1971. The Arcata Recycling Center is one of California's oldest and most successful recycling operations. He has also served as a Humboldt County Supervisor and an Arcata city council member.
Senator Chesbro was term limited in 2006 and was replaced by former Assembly member Pat Wiggins. On January 5, 2007, Chesbro was appointed by the California State Senate Rules Committee to serve again on the California Integrated Waste Management Board. On January 12, 2007, State Superintendent of Public Instruction Jack O'Connell announced the appointment of Chesbro to the California Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission.
On February 8, 2008 Chesbro announced he would run in the November 2008 election to replace term-limited Patty Berg in California's 1st assembly district. He was successful, winning with 70.5% of the vote over Republican Jim Pell.
- ^ "Assembly Member Wesley "Wes" Chesbro". Project Vote Smart. http://www.votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=16646. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ a b c d e f Chesbro, Wesley. "Biography". State of California. http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a01/Biography. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/BoardInfo/BoardMembers/Chesbro/default.htm
- ^ "January 2007 CIWMB Board Meeting Summary". CalRecycle. 2007-01-27. http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/lea/Mail/2007/BoardSummary/January.htm. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- ^ McLean, Hilary (2007-01-12). "State Schools Chief Jack O'Connell Appoints Wesley Chesbro to Mental Health Commission" (Press release). California Department of Education. http://www.cde.ca.gov/nr/ne/yr07/yr07rel13.asp. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- ^ Larson, Elizabeth (2008-02-08). "Chesbro to run for First District Assembly seat". Lake County News. http://lakeconews.com/content/view/3177/742/. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- ^ http://vote.sos.ca.gov/Returns/stasm/0159.htm
- Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro Official Assembly Site
|Short description||American politician|
|Date of birth||1951-08-20|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wesley_Chesbro&oldid=497305507"View page ratingsRate this pageRate this pagePage ratingsWhat's this?Current average ratings. Trustworthy No ratings Objective No ratings Complete No ratings Well-written No ratings I am highly knowledgeable about this topic (optional)I have a relevant college/university degreeIt is part of my professionIt is a deep personal passionThe source of my knowledge is not listed here I would like to help improve Wikipedia, send me an e-mail (optional)We will send you a confirmation e-mail. We will not share your e-mail address with outside parties as per our feedback privacy statement. Submit ratingsSaved successfullyYour ratings have not been submitted yet Your ratings have expiredPlease reevaluate this page and submit new ratings.An error has occurred. Please try again later.Thanks! Your ratings have been saved.Please take a moment to complete a short survey. Start surveyMaybe laterThanks! Your ratings have been saved.Do you want to create an account?An account will help you track your edits, get involved in discussions, and be a part of the community.Create an accountorLog inMaybe laterThanks! Your ratings have been saved.Did you know that you can edit this page? Edit this pageMaybe later Categories:
- 1951 births
- American Methodists
- California State Senators
- Living people
- Members of the California State Assembly
- People from Humboldt County, California
- People from Los Angeles, California
- University of San Francisco alumni
- People who live in Eureka